Wednesday 18 January 2012

So I'm currently getting on with my dissertation.

Thre subject I have developed into researching and discussing is the depiction of Victorian Society in Victorian and Pre-Raphaelite Art.
I adore the Pre-Raphaelite paintings, and I have learned so much about them and their work this year. However, my subject has altered dramatically throughout the year, I first started off looking into the women of the Pre-Raphaelite Artwork, of course I am extremely interested in the subject, but, found it extremely difficult to write about it without it turning into too much of a passionate review or something haha.
I've kind of swayed from looking at the obvious brotherhood members, such as the rossetti brothers and millais, but actually talking about the works of Ford Maddox Brown. I'm interested in his work more so, after visiting the Manchester Art Gallery, Ford Maddox Brown: Pre-Raphaelite Pioneer exhibtion. I love his work!!
I'm enjoying writing my dissertation, just trying to collect all of my information together and form it into easy reading.... Quite difficult, especially when I have 8000 words to write.

if anyone has any ideas, please don't hesitate to help me out. As you know, I'm rather new to Blogspot. I'm actually finding it a little difficult to navigate around, I know it's pretty simple. I just need to get used to it haha.

Thought I'd leave you with something I did last term, when I was exploring female identity and the 'typical' image of the Pre-Raphaelite muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment